Leadership is something that is vitally important in all areas of life. We have all had good leaders that we loved and bad leaders who we did not love as much.
When I was at Bible college I had to do an assignment on what we thought was good leadership. We had to come up with five points with both Biblical ideas and reflections on Christian leadership sources.
Surprisingly I found this harder than I expected. There is so many examples of Biblical leadership and thousands of resources on Christian leadership.
In the end I distilled my idea of principles of Christian leadership to the following five points.
1. Christian leaders need to cultivate an intimate relationship with God
2. Christian leaders need to have a servant heart
3. Christian leaders need to be shepherds of God’s people
4. Christian leaders need to live with character and integrity
5. Christian leaders need to be committed to making disciples
For me personally I really thought long and hard about these five things. Thankfully my lecturer agreed and gave me a good mark for it.
If you are interested you can read an online version of my article on my website below. It is a cut down version of my assignment.