September 25th, 2008
In yesterdays post I talked briefly about the process of renewing your mind from Romans 12:2. In today’s post I thought I would share some of the things we can do to transform our thinking patterns from worldly to God’s way of thinking.
1. Read your Bible regularly and reflectively
2. Pray and spend time alone with God regularly
3. Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your heart and life
4. Spend time with positive Christian friends discussing spiritual things
5. Listen to good quality sermons and take notes
6. Read positive Christian books
7. Read missionary magazines and articles that tell of reaching people for Christ
8. Read and interact with positive Christians online
9. Read a daily devotional like “our Daily Bread” or “Every Day with Jesus”
These are just some of the things that will help renew your mind and change your thinking patterns. Romans 12:2 says that if we renew our minds we “will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will”.